Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Resting

With being ill, I've been able to catch up on all the leisure activities I never get to do and one of them includes reading. I've just finished Mao's Last Dancer and it was just lovely, unbelieveable but none the less a great read. I won't tell you the ending but it's about a Chinese boy from a family of 7 sons who live in poverty but manage to scrap together a life for themselves. He is chosen to join the Madam Mao Dance Troop and despite the pain and homesickness he suffers, he becomes a world renown ballet dancer. It's such a heart wrenching book. He now lives in Melbourne with his own family.
I'm now reading a Nora Roberts triology-the Circle Triology. I've only just started so I'll have to put in some quality resting time to complete this one.
Today is our Wedding Anniversary and as usual, DH is one up on me and has already given me a card. I'm still to make one so that will be tomorrow's job. DS9 wanted to know why Dad had given me a card and was horrified that we hadn't told anyone it was our anniversary, so when I got to school this morning, his teacher wished me a Happy Anniversary. I couldn't believe he had had enough time to see her let alone tell her! Oh the joys of children

No comments: