Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Wendy House

One of the advantages of "resting" is that I can play in The Wendy House. Yes I hear you ask, what's The Wendy House?


It's 'my studio' however the family have taken it over and it's now a shared studio with DH and 2 DS's. It was originally the garage but as the car was never in it, it became the dumping area for all things outside. We decided, after friends did a reno on one of their old sheds, to make the room more user friendly , hence the Wendy House plan came together. I sketched out what I wanted and friends of ours who have a building company (Always Better Carpentry) helped me plan and build it. I have to say it's one of the best things we ever did! It has a toliet, kitchen sink, heaps of cupboards and storage areas as well as deep benches to work on, heating and cooling.


All my craft friends are so jealous of it and we just love it. One day I'll show you a photo of it.


I called it the Wendy House cause it's cute. I remember reading a book one day about the Two Young Princess's and they had a Wendy House in the grounds of Buckingham Palace and wishing that I could have something like that when I was little. I have since found out that the Lost Boys built a house for Wendy on the island and the English call their cubby houses Wendy Houses . People just love it and I love the fact that I can use it and get away from the family at the same time. I will have to clean it up or attempt to as I can never find anything when I want it.


I have had a chance to have a 'play' and make some cards. I will try and post some photos soon.

2 comments:

Pauline Laing said...

Oh come on, some photos now please (well, that's if you have a camera handy, otherwise I'll come over and take some for you).

Pauline

Chris said...

Yeah, photos!

I am off to edit my blog to link to this so I can keep an eye on what you're up to.

-Chris