Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sorry, I lost the plot earlier. Am still in some pain from my surgery and with children and husband home and me not being able to do anything, I get very frustrated.
Anyway, what I was going to tell you about was the article in the The Herald Sun this morning about the 1971 Sun Tour. Why it interests me is that my dad rode in a Sun Tour and followed others. My Dad was and still is a cyclist. I think he rode his first race at 11 and has riden for a very long time since. He had a bit of a blow out in 1977 when he fell off his bike on the track and then took up running, but before this, he rode and we followed, many a race, many a weekend when we were growing up.
While reading the article A Place In The Sun, DH asked would Dad know any of those riders. I replied he should, they were his fellow competitors and allies from his race days and they are all about his age. Some of those names I had heard him mention over time.
It's funny to see a photo from an era a life time ago and have it evovke so many memories.

No comments: