Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blood Giving?

So how did I go? I didn't or more importantly, I couldn't. Sat for an hour waiting only to have the nurse tell me I have to wait another two months as it's too close since my surgery. Oh well, they will still need blood in 3 months time and Jac will personally book me in. She did really well, took 10 minutes to drain her pint. There was a board with the tally on it. They need 475 pints a week. When we walked in on Tuesday, they had 390 already. Think they will get enough for this week

We have made 16 boxes with toiletries in them and they will be labelled and delivered to the YMCA as they are collecting donations. We made them for families, teenagers and the oldies and they look great.

My GNI friends are getting together to make some cards and either sell them or donate to the Red Cross. Should be a fun night!

No comments: