Monday, February 9, 2009

Bush Fires-what can we do?

Isn't awful the countryside burns, lives and homes are lost and what can we do?

Well me and Jac have rung the Red Cross and are going to donate blood tomorrow. Big deal I hear you say. Yes, it is a big deal for me as it's hard to get blood out of me even for a blood test I have trouble and I forgot to tell Jac this when we booked. So today,tonight and tomorrow I will sound like a washing machine as I gulp the water down. Wish us both luck! As I will probably collapse and Jac will have to pick me up!

We have also decided to make toiletry boxes with toothpaste, brushes, flannels etc for family groups and will leave them at the Red Cross.

I have also encouraged the boys to talk to their SRC Reps to have a Free Dress Day and donate a Gold Coin to the Bush Fire Appeal.

I think that's the only thing I can do to support these families.

What else can you think of?

1 comment:

Gail Kirby said...

Hi Liz,

I thought about donating blood but being on the anaemic side probably not a good idea....BUT I am going to have a Stamp a Stack so please come along if you can, I might have it over a couple of sessions....maybe ending the final one as a GNI??

Gail